Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye Deck

Okay, so most people are not sentimental about their deck but we are. Around February of 2005, Jay and I came up with big plans to build an extreme deck. We planned stone columns and iron railing. Shortly after starting the project, we shockingly found out that I was pregnant. Needless to say we scaled back the project. We remember so many weekends where we sat outside wondering what it would be like once the baby was born. Now three years later the deck is now history. What took Jay three months to build only took three hours to tear down.



That was then...


This is now.

And now you are probably wondering what in the world is the big deal. We are getting a pool!! Jay has been wanting one for a long time and has finally worn me down. I guess all these weekends I have spent playing outside with Jack, the heat has finally gotten to me. They have already dug the hole and should do the gunite tomorrow.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Too cool! Mitch would LOVE to have a pool! It was a pretty deck, though! :)

Elizabeth McGee Brown said...

You guys are my hero! Wow! Isn't it fun having a handy man around the house. Yep, it was a gorgeous deck but the tear down looks great too! Looks like having a pool is going to be a blast!