Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My New Job

Today, I started my new job as a QA Consultant with Nationwide. To some this is a very boring job but I am looking forward to it. For the past eight years I have been a Special Investigator with Nationwide. I have looked at all types of insurance claims where there was a suspicion of fraud. Although I have enjoyed the investigative side of the job, I have been looking for an advancement opportunity with my career at Nationwide. I came to Nationwide straight from the police department and was given a great opportunity into the private sector. When I left the police department I was looking for an investigation position where I did not have to wear a gun and bullet proof vest to work everyday. So needless to say insurance fraud investigation was a fit for me. The job has had many positive aspects. I have had a very flexible work schedule and a great company car. Can you imagine Free Gas!! So now you may be asking why in the world would I give this job up. Those of you that I call while I am at work know the areas of town that I am normally in. Basically, I spend my day driving to various areas of West TN, North MS and East AR. For every auto theft, auto fire, house fire and house burglary I receive, I have to go to the location and meet with the individuals and attempt to canvas the area. The claims that I tend to work are for the most part in the less than desirable areas of town. Needless to say I sometimes feel out of place (and out of my mind) knocking on doors in these areas. Now you see why I have jumped at the opportunity to take a promotion out of the field arena. So I will be giving up the company car and working from home. I will now be auditing the files of our Investigators across the nation and rating them for quality. My personality profile tells me that I do not hold back on telling people what they do wrong so I must be meant for the job. I know, I know...I didn't need a personality profile to shed light on that characteristic.

0 comments: