This week has been a tough one for me and it is not even over yet. I just got back from another business trip to Columbus, OH. My sixth plane flight in the past two weeks. I am once again reminded why I no longer like to fly. It is such a headache. Why is that they feel the need to remind you that in case of a water landing your seat can be used as a flotation device. Water Landing just go ahead and say a crash. My flight last night was late and the flight attendant was feeling funny. During her speech she stated, "if this flight becomes a cruise please hug your seat with your life and go splish splash all the way to shore." That at least made me laugh and not picture a horrible crash.
While in Columbus, I got two bombs dropped on me. First, this new job that I just started has been put on hold and I will now be handling hurricane claims. That means 12 hour days, 7 days a week for the next 4 weeks. The only positive is that they are least letting me work from Memphis instead of sending me to Texas. Thanks Nationwide!!! Secondly, I have to give a thirty minute presentation to several VP's of the company in December. I hate, hate, hate public speaking. Not to mention in a three hundred seat auditorium. Why Me???
Jack did better while I was out of town this week. No notes from his teacher and hopefully the Director will not meet me at the door when I pick him up today. He woke up this morning and said, "I missed you Princess Leia." I did enjoy my three day break from Star Wars. I turned on the TV in the hotel Tuesday night and Star Wars was on. It did warm my heart because it made me think of Jack, but then I quickly turned it off.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
What a week...
Posted by Forrester Fam at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment