Monday, June 27, 2011

Kindergarten Camp

June 6-10, 2011
Jack has spent the past two years in preschool at Macon Road Baptist which we have loved! Decision time came for Jay and I to figure out where he would attend Kindergarten. We have decided for him to attend Lakeland Elementary School. We have heard so many wonderful things about the school. I was told by our neighbor that they have a week during the summer called Kindergarten Camp where they bring in only the incoming Kindergartners to get acclimated to the school. We definitely had to sign Jack up for camp. It took a little explaining to get him to understand that he would not actually be camping. I did not take any pictures of him at the school as I did not want him to realize this was actually something new and freak out. He walked in like a big boy and just waved at me as he walked down the hall with his backpack. Of course I teared up but that's my job.

Jack loved all the crafts they made.

The LES mascot is a lion.



All of the kids made a lion t-shirt using their hand prints.
He had to get a silly pic taken as well.

Last night I took Jack to get his hair cut and he told Mrs. Carolyn that he can not wait to start Kindergarten. He told her that all they do is arts and crafts and no school work. I guess he assumes since that is all they did at Kindergarten camp then that is what Kindergarten will be like. I didn't have the heart to bust his bubble on that one just yet.

0 comments: